Be Grateful to Everyone: An In-depth Guide to the Practice of Lojong
Unabridged Audio Book
Download or Stream instantly more than 55,000 audiobooks.
Listen to "Be Grateful to Everyone: An In-depth Guide to the Practice of Lojong" on your iOS and Android device.
Don't have an iOS or Android device, then listen in your browse on any PC or Mac computer.
6 Hours 39 Minutes
Random House (Audio)
Audio Book Summary
One of the best ways to bring meditation off the cushion and into everyday life is to practice lojong (or mind training). For centuries, Tibetans have used fifty-nine powerful mind-training slogans as a way to transform life’s ordinary situations into opportunities for awakening. In this audiobook program, Pema Chödrön presents her definitive teachings on lojong. She offers an overview of the practice and goes on to provide inspiring commentary on the slogans while paying special attention to how to apply them on the spot in our daily lives. This program include:
• Practical commentary to enhance our understanding of the lojong slogans
• Seven writing and reflection exercises to help us engage deeply with the slogans
• Meditation instructions to help us relax, let go, and uncover our uncaught-up mind
• On-the-spot methods to deepen our bodhichitta, our compassion for all beings
• Question-and-answer sessions that address some of the most common issues that arise in lojong practice
• Two guided meditations on tonglen—a compassion practice based on the understanding that the very thing that triggers suffering can become the foundation of happiness