The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit
Unabridged Audio Book
Download or Stream instantly more than 55,000 audiobooks.
Listen to "The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit" on your iOS and Android device.
Don't have an iOS or Android device, then listen in your browse on any PC or Mac computer.
7 Hours 21 Minutes
Audio Book Summary
When does 1 + 1 = 3 (or more)? When you’ve got a baby on the way.Part of that new math, says #1 New York Times bestselling author Jill Conner Browne—whom USA Today calls “just plain funny”—includes the addition of an outsize sense of humor to balance the equation of your growing family.The Sweet Potato Queens’ Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit is a hilarious (though not scientifically tested) wink at the time-honored mysteries of parenting, for anybody who has ever had a kid or has ever known one, knows that the experience is neither fun nor profitable—so, you might as well laugh!As each generation begins its hopeful, happy, and, yes, sometimes harrowing journey together as Parent and Child, together they spawn a new body of “knowledge,” the nuances of which will elude the Experts every time. Here are stories of the things we do for Mother Love—or, the most incredibly full-time volunteer job ever—and tips guaranteed not to be found in any other parenting guide.- How to Talk to a Pregnant Woman
- How the Diamonds on Delivery Policy Can Speed Up the Labor Nature Intended
- Why a Good Mother Is Always Adept at Subterfuge
- The List of Things You Wouldn’t Think You Would Have to Tell Kids Not to Do
- Why Mothers of Sons Can Never Retire
- Why, for Parents, It’s Just a Short Drive to the PoorhouseThe Sweet Potato Queens’ Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit will have everyone who’s ever been a parent—or ever thought of becoming one—or been a child—or is still one—giggling and grinning (no small feat) through those child-bearing years…and beyond.