The Word Smart II
Unabridged Audio Book
Download or Stream instantly more than 55,000 audiobooks.
Listen to "The Word Smart II" on your iOS and Android device.
Don't have an iOS or Android device, then listen in your browse on any PC or Mac computer.
5 Hours 20 Minutes
Living Language (Audio)
Audio Book Summary
Some interesting word facts:
• The word "noisome" had nothing whatsoever to do with noise.
• "Ordinance" and "ordnance" have two distinct meanings.
• An "errant" fool is a fool who is lost, while an "arrant" fool is one whose foolishness is obvious.
Word Smart II exposes hundreds of examples like these, so you will never be surprised by vocabulary again. All of the 848 entries in Word Smart II belong in an impressive vocabulary. Learning and using these words effectively can help you to get better grades, score higher on tests, and communicate more confidently at work.
• Concise, accurate definitions
• Great examples and stories that teach words in context
• Mnemonics to make it all stick