Herding Tigers: Be the Leader That Creative People Need
Unabridged Audio Book
Download or Stream instantly more than 55,000 audiobooks.
Listen to "Herding Tigers: Be the Leader That Creative People Need" on your iOS and Android device.
Don't have an iOS or Android device, then listen in your browse on any PC or Mac computer.
6 Hours 26 Minutes
Audio Book Summary
Successful leaders of creative teams have mastered the difficult transition from doing the work to leading the work, and this book shows how. Todd Henry picks up where The Accidental Creative left off, and provides an indispensable handbook of on-the-ground, tactical advice for new managers of creatives. He draws from interviews with brilliant leaders and his experience consulting in creative organizations to share a wealth of practical advice, including:
- Why conflict can be a good thing, and how to manage it in a healthy way.
- How to build time and attention buffers to protect your team's ability to do its best work.
- How to deal with the imbalance of power on your team, and manage inevitable struggles that arise.
- How to create 'hunting trails' that will keep your team inspired and motivated to deliver brilliant work.
- Why you should still 'get your hands dirty', even as you strive to remove yourself from the work.
- Why you should fight to measure value, not time, when evaluating your team's work.